Send Me On My Way -Rusted Roots

Apr 4, 2013

Ghosts and Easter


"Ghosts of Bedlam" AKA the play I get to slap someone else in the face.

Oh my gosh!
     It's been two weeks since I last blogged. And I have ALOT of catching up to do. Currently, I am in Edinburgh (pronounced Eden-bur-rah), Scotland and this is the highlight of my entire experience abroad so far. But since I have so much to write, I will split this week and last week into two posts and write last week's now.
I cook tasty Mexican food. Jealous?
    




     Wednesday and Thursday, I performed my first play in the UK, "Ghosts of Bedlam," and I have to admit it went very well. I got to play the antagonist which I have never done before, so that was extremely fun. I slapped a character on stage and she aimed a punch at me. Stage combat is the best. My character, Rachel, roughed up Milly, Laura's character and that was fun as well. HA! The most fun came after the show was over. Dismantling the set was great. I felt like quite the little "Bob the builder" with my power drill and socket wrench. Until Scott let the two panelled flat fall over and pierce itself on the (thankfully unoccupied) ladder.
LOOK. AT. THIS. Easter is my new favorite holiday.
     Friday, I introduced Laura to the food of my people: Tacos!!! She really enjoyed them, but not the guacamole which she claimed was "bland until the jalapeño kicked in, and then worse." Oh well. You can lead a Laura to guacamole, but you can't make them eat it...
She had a shamrock on her door. AND she's Irish. Perfection.
     Sunday was Easter and thanks to Laura, I didn't spend it alone in my room eating cereal. She invited me to have Easter dinner with her family. It was soooooo good. And what's cooler is her nan (grandma) is Irish and she and her boyfriend, Neal, have very strong Irish accents. What's more is that she has a shamrock on her door. Epic.
      This deserves it's own paragraph: Custard on apple pie. WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?!

     I apologize for my extremely brief post, but I am on a hostel computer and people are staring at me, waiting for a computer.

Russell xx

PS: I have discovered Dr. Who.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment